- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 180 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
Roblox’s engineering team is growing rapidly and we are seeking engineering leaders to help us scale. As a Technical Director in the Developer group, you will lead the technical vision of how Developers create their imagination on Roblox; this entails complex technical relationships between client, server, and backend compute, how developers persist data, and manage content. These products are mission critical and empower over 3 million Roblox creators every month to realize their imaginations, they serve millions of requests per second across a global user base.
At Roblox we move fast and ship code to production daily; your leadership will increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. You will identify and mitigate risk and make sure the technology outpaces our growth. Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership over the things they build. If you have a desire to grow and learn, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.
- Battle ready: You have experience defining architecture for millions of users and are excited about technical challenges. You can be hands on and still define an architecture from scratch and make sure it can scale from few users to hundreds of millions.
- Experienced: You have 10+ years of experience in large scale software deployments with a proven track record of delivering highly performant technical solutions. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all the components required to build modern large scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You have a magnetic personality that invigorates the team around you and you are used to lead technical teams in any situation.
- Become an expert on our technology stack and make sure we solve problems in the right way.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to realize the research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Author specs for new features and improvement.
- Lead other engineers by example and through technical direction.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
- Roblox – Powering Imagination.