- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Manage Roblox’s compliance with copyright safe harbor laws (e.g., e-Commerce Directive, Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and other intermediary liability frameworks globally.
- Provide legal support on issues related to Roblox’s takedown process.
- Counsel the Trust & Safety team on issues related to creating and implementing Roblox’s content policies.
- Review marketing materials and all public facing materials to ensure compliance with IP laws, including copyright and trademark issues.
- Assist with management of Roblox’s trademark portfolio.
- Experience in drafting content licensing agreements (including music licensing agreements) is a plus.
- Reports to our Associate General Counsel
- 5 years experience; in-house or law firm
- Experience working with content licensing agreements
- Excited about working with a fun, dynamic, and collaborative team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar