- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Product Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For the past 3 years running, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Why roblox studio?
Roblox Studio is an end-to-end game development IDE that empowers our global community of millions of developers to create deeply immersive, online, 3D experiences and release with one click to smartphones, tablets, desktops and consoles. Studio integrates all the creation and collaboration tools needed to create experiences on Roblox. Teams of developers can seamlessly collaborate in Studio using our cloud-backed realtime workflows to operate at peak efficiency and create experiences much faster and with much smaller teams than any other comparable platform.
The experiences created using Roblox Studio engage a massive worldwide audience of 150+ million monthly players. The creators on the Roblox platform collectively earned close to $250 million in 2020.
About this role
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As a Director of Product, Studio Core you will lead the product vision and strategy for the future of collaboration (for code development, modeling, game design) and content reuse in Roblox Studio, our world class game authoring IDE. As someone with extensive experience building development tools (especially 3D content) your mission is to research, validate, specify and manage the tools and features that empower Roblox developers to build amazing games and increase the accessibility of our platform. This role is key to growing the Roblox community of developers so that they can deliver the best 3D immersive and game experiences to customers all over the world.
- Product leader with BS or MS in CS or similar with 10+ years in product management experience
- Domain experience managing widely adopted 3D content creation and/or development tools with integrated collaboration.
- Passionate creator who understands the needs of young and entry level users seeking to create interactive 3D worlds.
- Detail oriented: Ability to see beyond the veneer of the GUI to address the product, the platform, the implementation details, and the dataset.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Dynamic experience: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- Strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Create and deliver vision for innovative authoring and collaboration concepts that satisfy the needs of the diverse Roblox developer community
- Build and lead a team of Product Managers that work cross-functionally to build out collaboration and content reuse features and bring them to life on the platform.
- Drive the strategy, processes and tactics to build the revolutionary game authoring tools that are radically easier to use than industry standards.
- Relentless customer development to discover and define the right problems and products we should be pursuing.
- Balance and prioritize new features with existing backlog initiatives and align them with the product vision.
- Communicate Studio needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking and collect all data necessary to inform product direction whether in the form of competitive intelligence, customer behavior, or other market metrics.
- Roblox – Powering Imagination.