- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Product Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is looking for an Engineering Leader who will build systems that make us more productive and allow the entire organization to grow. Combining internal tools and third-party applications for People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Budgeting, Roadmapping, and Business Analytics. we envision an integrated platform that streamlines processes while providing employees and leaders with information they need to support the business.
This is a new team at Roblox and we need a leader who can set architectural direction, hire the necessary development team, manage outside vendors, and work with all departments inside of Roblox.
- A leader with experience with management skills and an ability to hire and grow an experienced team of engineers
- Contribute to architecture and implementation discussions
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working with users to build tools that provide insights and improve workflows
- Work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and comfortable working across multiple teams to make tradeoffs
- Work closely with engineering, product, finance, people, and talent teams to help determine requirements
- Develop mockups and specification documents that can be reviewed by multiple partners
- Ensure projects are well-planned, performed efficiently, and delivered.
- Build and maintain systems that will be used by the entire company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar