- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. Cloud services, from hyper scale NoSQL databases to versatile serverless compute, are critical to that future. This is not just any set of cloud services, though. You’ll be powering critical pieces of the metaverse, such as skill-based matchmaking and global marketplaces, that will be used by hundreds of thousands of immersive experiences on a daily basis.
As a Senior Product Manager - Creator Services, you will have a profound impact on the vision and strategy of Roblox Creator Cloud. With extensive experience working with infrastructure services, your mission is to research, validate, specify, and iterate the features and new services that empower Roblox creators to build new experiences that no one has imagined before.
How far can this go? We don’t know. We need you to help figure that out.
- Seasoned Product Manager: with 3-6 years of product management experience such as cloud computing, databases, storage, and other infrastructure services, with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- User centric: You always act users first and pursue the best UX possible, regardless whether the product is a simple UI or complicated API. You constantly put yourself in developers’ shoes.
- Highly technical: Experienced in developer facing, large-scale cloud services, you can engage with engineering beyond just product and user needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs.
- Ambitious and fast learner: You boldly go where no one has gone before, you are always keen to learn, grow, and push the limits.
- Data driven: You are proficient in defining KPIs, doing both qualitative and quantitative analysis, and deriving actionable insights from data.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, to launch.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Drive to achieve the vision of Roblox’s creator facing cloud services, especially data related services such as developer Data Stores, Memory Stores, and more!
- Gain deep understanding of user needs and industry trends for cloud services through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Help identify, define, and prioritize the features, APIs, and services that are beneficial for millions of creators.
- Write detailed product specifications for cloud services that can be referred by internal stakeholders for design and implementation.
- Own the execution of projects from ideation, planning, implementation, to launch by working closely with engineering partners, UX designers, marketing, etc.
- Help align vision, roadmap, and needs of Creator Cloud to other internal stakeholders including executives, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Define the KPIs for your products and improve the metrics through both incremental and revolutionary improvements.
- Grow your career with a rocket ship company
- A degree in a highly technical field like computer science, software engineering, or similar experience.
- Product experience shipping, updating and maintaining large scale cloud services or infrastructure software
- Demonstrated ability to think in system and platform terms
Product experience for large scale databases, storage, compute, or API systems with a developer focus