- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Product Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As Director of Product on the Social Team, you own the key services to enable Roblox’s commercial success. As a team leader, one of your goals will be to ensure everyone in your crew has the tools and support to be successful. Career development, mentorship, and candid feedback are essential to any great organization. Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
As excited as we are about the platform and tools we’ve built to date, we are even more proud of the Roblox culture we’ve built. At Roblox, we literally work to enable play. Roblox Product Management Directors are:
- Obsessively customer-focused—delighting customers is a never-ending goal
- Leaders who have led by example, strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of product managers, designers, engineers and analysts
- Passionate about working on complex systems
- Effective at building an empowered culture to drive successful projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Active listeners and collaborators with excellent communication skills
- Focused on making the right decisions through an organized and analytical ability to track numerous separate threads to resolution
- Metrics-driven with a bit of strategic paranoia to ensure quality and monitoring
- Have a strategic orientation coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude and an ability to contribute to product design, execution, and all things go-to-market
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes
- Very comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch
- Drive the development of Social features, services and vision across consumer touchpoints and the broader Roblox ecosystem
- Imagine and execute the future of 3D social experiences
- Lead Product teams by facilitating the best from product managers and engineering teams
- Own and deliver complex technical products from the planning stage through execution
- Mentor both junior and senior product managers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar