- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Product Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Technical Program Manager for Platform, You will build cross-team technical programs, and drive engineering efforts to deliver Roblox’s next generation backend platform software that powers the Metaverse. You will have the unique opportunity to be an early part of our team. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in San Mateo.
- A technical program leader with a strong engineering background and 3+ years experiences in building large scale solutions
- A domain expert in systems engineering and/or software engineering with demonstrated critical thinking
- Experienced with establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experienced with identifying critical technical problems and opportunities
- Data driven strategic thinker who is capable of conveying ideas through detailed specs
- Experienced with delivering end to end technical programs through effective roadmapping and reliable execution
- Able to turn specific solutions into systems that benefit the larger community in the long run
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities
- Knowledgeable about user needs, scoping, planning, execution and delivery
- An outstanding communicator both technical and program
- A self starter with a high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Flexible around process, using process as a tool when it makes sense for a team
- Define, build and manage initiatives that improve Roblox’s platform software across the fleet
- Collect user requirements and drive teams to plan and ship frameworks, systems, educational components, etc
- Align senior leadership and key stakeholders around program roadmap
- Manage cross-functional programs end to end, focusing on what is best for long-term success
- Prioritize initiatives based on impact to Roblox and users with data driven approaches
- Unblock teams and enable them to stay focused on top priorities
- Enable engineering teams to reliably manage all project phases
- Effectively use a data driven approach to inform teams’ direction
- Manage dependencies between teams and components
- Own measurement of success of programs
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar