- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Product Management
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Roblox, Engineering Manager, Social Communications, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 200 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 30 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by an experienced community of 2 million creators.
The Social Communications team enables effortless, engaging communications across Roblox. As an Engineering Manager, you will build the next generation, end-to-end communication experience that scales to millions of users. An experienced technical leader with a product sense will be you.
- Someone that likes to figure things out, and a hands-on manager who loves to code.
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- An experienced, full-stack, technical engineer who has shipped multiple versions of products at different companies.
- An Engineering Manager with 5+ years of management experience.
- You’ve managed teams of 10+ individual contributors reporting to you
- An expert in building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Build product teams in the social organization and lead them while they build new products and features for millions of users.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work with your product partners to establish the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Work with other engineering teams, product and design to improve the existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through experience.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar