- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Product Management
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Why data science & analytics?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned with cross functional partners, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
Why marketing and communications?
As a Senior Data Scientist, embedded within the Marketing and Communications team, you’ll be a key participant in evolving our brand and marketing programs to shape the future of Roblox. You’ll partner with data scientists, marketers, and leaders across the company to better understand our brand perception, measure our marketing campaigns by performing ad hoc analysis, creating dashboards, defining KPIs, applying models and designing A/B experiments. With compelling data stories, you’ll showcase the unique offering of the Roblox platform, our diverse community of developers, and breadth/reach of digital experiences.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Marketing, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data.
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data. You use regression techniques, data mining, and other statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions to solve difficult business problems. You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Act as a Tech Lead to define the engagement of Data Science with Marketing partners
- Have a unique opportunity to apply Data Science in the areas of Brand, Public Relations, and Communications within a fast growing company
- Build a solution to track our brand perception across social media platforms and international markets
- Create a measurement framework for our marketing programs
- Craft stories with interesting data points that demonstrate our platform’s unique offering
- Use causal inference techniques and experiments to determine success of marketing investments and identify key opportunities
- Accelerate growth of our platform through your understanding of the underlying data, ability to tell compelling data stories, and thought partnership with marketing leaders
- Build statistical, data mining, and machine learning models
- Grow your career with an amazing company
- 5+ years of industry experience doing quantitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in statistical modeling, causal inference, and machine learning
- 2+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 2+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- 1+ years working in Growth and/or Marketing domains
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 2+ years of industry experience in analytics focused on Market Research or Growth
- 2+ years of experience in fast-paced environment or fast growing company, such as the tech sector
- Ability to tech lead a team and manage XFN partnership as an individual contributor
- Experience working with content platforms, particularly user-generated content
- Ability to communicate analytics results and data storytelling to influence product teams and leaders
- Creative thinker able to apply first-principles reasoning to solve complex problems
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar