- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Product Management
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Social Team, you will lead efforts to grow the Roblox social graph, supporting people in finding friends on Roblox or inviting them to Roblox, as well as making new friends through Roblox. You’ll also define our strategy to grow Roblox’s social graph with new audience segments. As a team leader, you will ensure your team has a well defined vision, strategy, goals, and execution approach to be successful. You will also be responsible for aligning broader Roblox stakeholders including the leadership team around your team’s strategy.
Roblox teams are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. If you have a desire for continued growth and learning, you will fit right in with our highly-skilled and ever-expanding team. As excited as we are about the platform and tool, we are even more proud of the culture we’ve built. At Roblox, we work to enable play. So while we look for candidates who have achieved impressive, measurable results in the past, we are also looking for passion beyond resume highlights. Roblox Product Managers are:
- Obsessively user-focused—seeking an environment where delighting our users is a never-ending goal
- Leaders by example, with a proven track record and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of designers, engineers and analysts
- Effective at building an empowered culture to drive successful projects, and also comfortable getting their hands dirty when needed
- Self starters, with a high degree of self direction and independent drive
- Very comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch
Required skill sets for this role:
- 5+ years product manager experience
- Demonstrated success owning Vision & Strategy, ideally for a similar social graph product with success reaching new audience segments
- Strong Execution: Ability to work closely with analyst team to opportunity size and prioritize top growth levers, experiment and learn, and quickly iterate
- Executive presence: Distill complex problems & plans into simple frameworks and communicate clearly to executive team
- Growth: Metric defense and coordination with partner teams to support social growth and track down & mitigate drops
- Fluency in working with Machine learning teams to build ML and recommendation models
- Prior Product Management experience working on social products a plus
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar