- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Principal Software Engineer - Bots & Spam
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Bots & Spam pod, you will help us improve the Roblox experience by combating bad actors on the platform. We are looking for an experienced software engineer that wants to partner with ML counterparts to help us develop the next generation bot identification system for Roblox. If you are an engineer who is passionate about solving hard problems and building a highly scalable, high impact platform, the Bots & Spam team might be the place for you.
- A BS graduate or higher in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics.
- A backend engineer with 8+ years of working experience
- Experience building highly scalable microservices
- Working knowledge of compiled languages such as Golang, Java, or C#
- Familiar with REST or gRPC APIs
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Leadership and mentorship experience
- Collaborative team member
You Might Have:
- Interest in security, fraud, or bot detection
- Experience building ML systems, which support modeling, training and real time inference
- Experience with data pipelines and ETLs
- Exposure to technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Hive, Kafka
- Roblox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar