- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level. In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As the Director of Engineering for the Microservice Platform Team, you will lead the team that is developing a Heroku/Cloud Run-esque experience tailored to the needs of Roblox. In this role you will:
Work with senior leads across Roblox to define, design, deliver, and operate an integrated, opinionated platform that makes backend engineers incredibly productive.
- Focus on reliability as your consistent top priority to ensure Roblox is always available.
- Build and grow a diverse and inclusive team that prioritizes kindness, creativity, and impact.
- A collaborative leader with a proven track record of highly technical delivery in multi-stakeholder environments
- Passionate about developer experience and developer tools
- An outstanding recruiter who builds diverse and inclusive teams
- Experienced, with 10+ years in an engineering management role, 4+ years in a Director+ role (org size 50+), and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field