- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineering Lead on the International Growth team, you’ll be in charge of unlocking key markets of the world by taking our compliance systems to the next level. We are a group of experienced engineers passionate about creating flexible microservices driven by performance. Our owned services are some of the highest-trafficked within Roblox, and we work closely with other teams to pioneer container-based development practices.
Experienced: You have 10+ years of experience in large-scale software development with a proven track record of delivering highly performant solutions.
A Leader: You can lead those around you to achieve big things through fostering mentorship culture. People come to you for guidance and you can bring a team of engineers to consensus.
Inspirational: You are passionate about setting and adhering to a team mission. You create opportunities that grow individuals’ careers while celebrating the impact of their work.
Adaptive: You thrive in a dynamic work environment where challenges are open-ended. You can choose your own adventure by assessing the knowns vs. unknowns.
Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all the components required to build modern large scale infrastructure. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You are constantly questioning the underlying issue to solve them at the core.
- Own enormous initiatives that span multiple teams.
- Ship beautiful code, adhering to high coding standards and establishing new ones.
- Work for your team, acting as a force multiplier by unblocking issues and bridging the gaps between organizations.
- Be a Technical Lead by mentoring engineers to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
- Produce excellent thorough documentation for internal and external teams
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Strong designing and programming skills
- Excellent ability to think about long-term impact
- Experience in working with highly-scalable systems
- Ability to recognize risks, errors, and impact in application development
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, across multiple teams and disciplines
- Passion for testing and development
- Programming experience in one compiled (C++, C#, Java) and one interpreted script language (JS, PHP, Python, Lua, etc)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar