- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Engineering Manager in the data pod you will lead the evolution of the Data and Memory Stores that powers millions of 3D experiences. You will lead a small team to deliver complex features to help Creators on the Roblox platform continue to break new grounds for the gaming and development industry.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms
- Experienced, with 4+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- You are an analytical thinker and active learner, staying current with industry trends and evaluating new platforms and technologies
- Lead software engineering teams by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Deliver on complex technical initiatives from the planning through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design processes for launching products and features
- Design, guide, and vet systems designs within the scope of the broader area
- Push for engineering excellence, hold high quality and performance standards
- Hire, retain, and coach exceptional engineering talent
- Cultivate a strong engineering culture that runs the team with a high autonomy
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar