- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
For the past 3 years running, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. We see the future of creation happening completely in the cloud with integrated collaboration and content sharing/reuse forming the foundation. Our Studio product, and the extensive platform APIs we provide, have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we’re building from that starting point. Fundamental to that future is the technical documentation that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences.
As a Lead Technical Writer, you’ll have a huge impact on our internal processes and external community. You’ll work with engineering and product leads to craft developer narratives and lead other technical writers to be the most productive they can be. Your responsibilities include:
- Lead a small team of technical writers both technically and with their writing.
- Be an advocate for our developers, making the product better as well as delivering best-in-class documentation.
- Learning and using products and features such as Roblox Studio and Lua and REST APIs.
- Write technical documentation such as API reference docs, conceptual and task-based feature guides, and tutorials.
- Help drive better information architecture and developer experiences with cross functional teams such as Developer Relations, Engineering, Product, and Design.
What you need to be successful:
- Amazing empathy and the ability to lead different types of personalities.
- Technical aptitude and a great eye for taking complex concepts and distilling them into great documentation.
- The ability to drive large docsets to completion, where no processes or standards exist.
- Self-motivated and directed. You’ll be expected to solve problems that people aren’t aware of and challenge others’ ideas where appropriate.
- A great attitude, team-first sensibilities, and ability to deliver on time.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
- (In pre and post pandemic times)
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass