- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Principal Backend Engineer with the Universal Content Team, you will be responsible for designing and building backend services to help game creators reach the broadest audience possible. You will be solving problems of scale, data processing and analysis, machine translation, machine learning, as well as harnessing the wisdom of the metaverse to automatically incorporate feedback from players back into the system to automatically enhance gameplay and interactions.
- An outstanding software engineer with 8+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experienced architecting, designing and leading implementation of a wide array of software products
- Experienced supporting mission critical applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, Go, C++, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Experienced with all layers of the stack - you have been a key contributor across the entire technology stack of previous projects.
- Solve on a variety of unique technical challenges
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build, test and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem.
- Drive the future technical direction of the team and have impact on engineering more broadly at Roblox
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Mentor and develop fellow engineers on the team
- Design systems and services that are highly scalable and resilient.
- Collaborate and with talented, passionate, Engineers, Product Managers and other Roblox team members, cross-functionally.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Roblox – Powering Imagination.