- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal/Senior Engineer with the Content Suitability Team, you will be responsible for designing and building systems as well as creator facing APIs to empower content creators. You will empower creators to reach the broadest audience possible by helping them create appropriate content for all ages and regions. You will be solving problems of scale, data processing and analysis, machine learning, and harnessing the wisdom of the metaverse to automatically incorporate feedback from players back into the system to automatically enhance experiences and interactions.
- An outstanding software engineer with 5+ years shipping high complexity code (leveling to Senior Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer will be based on experience and ability)
- Mission-driven and product focused
- Proficient in C#, Go, C++, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Experienced supporting mission-critical applications at scale
- Experienced with all layers of the stack
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, build and deploy services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term approaches
- Design systems and services that are scalable and resilient
- Work with passionate Engineers, Product Managers and other Roblox team members
- Participate in building the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar