- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Account Security team, you will help us to provide a safe and secure account experience for users on Roblox. This is a high priority role for us, on a very visible and impactful team in our Trust & Safety Engineering org. We are looking for an experienced lead engineer who would help us drive the team, and build features and infrastructure to identify anomalous behaviors and malicious intent. You will drive and create user facing features and tools so our global users and developer community can prevent account takeovers, as well as help us build the platform to detect security issues. If you are an engineer who is passionate about security and working on user facing challenges at a global scale, the Account Security team would be a fit for you.
- A backend engineer with 6+ years of working experience
- Experience building highly scalable microservices
- Working knowledge of compiled languages such as golang, Java, or C#
- Familiar with REST or gRPC APIs
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Leadership and mentorship experience
- Collaborative team member
- Interested in user identity or security
You Might Have:
- Interest in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with data pipelines and ETLs
- Exposure to technologies such as Airflow, Spark, Hive, Firehose
- Roblox is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar