- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Roblox, Principal Software Engineer, Events Platform, San Mateo, CA
As an important part of the Ecosystem group, the Events Platform team will allow our important partners to build and launch large-scale events on our Platform. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will help build technical architectural decisions to bring events to the metaverse. An experienced developer with a knowledge of building large-scale web applications will be you. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Events Platform team.
- Battle ready: You have 5+ years of design & architecture experience for web applications. You are excited to build new features from front-end ui to back-end services.
- Experienced: You have 7+ years of experience building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users’ lives. You hold a BS in Computer Science.
- Knowledgeable: You understand all the components required to build modern large-scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to agreement. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Full-stack Expertise: You are an expert at building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask. Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices. You also have experience building React apps and building a complete product from scratch.
- Team Player: You work well with Product Managers and Designers and know how to take a product from A-Z with UX in mind. You have experience mentoring engineers and improving your fellow engineers.
- Build the app events platform team and lead them while they allow our partners to advertise for their large-scale events.
- Create architecture, designs, and best practices that influence the team & the greater company.
- Set new industry standards and build novel engineering solutions
- Work with Brand and Music to bring new types of experiences to the platform. You will facilitate the ecosystem of developers and IP holders to create new types of experiences.
- Mentor junior and senior engineers and foster best development practices.
- Work with product and design to build not only a scalable and reliable product but also a meaningful product for our users.
- Work with other engineering teams, product and design to improve the existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by our vision to put the Roblox community first and represent us through experience.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar