- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. As a Principal Software Engineer - Safety & Tools you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class features for the Roblox platform. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real-time communications platform, real-time bidding ads platform, e-commerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as Go, Python, C#, Java, or other for the past 10+ years, with experience in building API’s preferably GraphQL or REST based.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale and an ambition towards more.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Accomplished with HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Passionate about CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Practiced in building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Understand search technologies such as SOLR or Elasticsearch
- Capable with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or others
- Worked with Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Trained with a modern web application development methodologies
- Expert in common web application security issues
- You Will:
- Help lead and build middleware/backend services across a large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar