- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will build systems that make us more productive and allow the entire organization to grow. Combining internal tools and third-party applications for People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Budgeting, Roadmapping, and Business Analytics. We envision an integrated platform that streamlines processes while providing employees and leaders with information they need to support the business.
This is a new team at Roblox and we need a team member who can work with a high level of freedom and autonomy, advocate best in class development practice, communicate and collaborate with outside vendors, and work with Roblox Executives on a daily basis.
- Experienced contributing to architecture and implementation discussions
- Experienced in software development, with 3+ years in a Software Engineering role and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and well monitored code
- Effective at deploying and maintaining production environments
- Passionate about working with users to build tools that provide insights and improve workflows
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Comfortable working across multiple teams to make pragmatic tradeoffs and quick decisions
- Work closely with engineering, product, finance, people, and talent teams to help refine requirements
- Develop mockups and specification documents that can be reviewed by multiple partners
- Ensure projects are well-planned, performant, and delivered on time
- Build and maintain systems that will be used by the entire company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar