- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer on the Avatar Reference & Experience team you will build gameplay systems to create delightful avatars that push the boundaries of what our game engine can do. You’ll build systems that make avatars feel great, easy for new developers to use in their games, and powerful enough for seasoned professionals to tune and polish. You’ll collaborate closely with other Avatar teams and developers to build avatars that are used by millions of people every day.
- Experienced in gameplay: you’ve built significant gameplay systems in C++ in shipped games for 5+ years. Lua experience and client/server networking knowledge is a plus.
- User Centric: you write systems that can be intuitively understood by developers in various disciplines, both beginners and seasoned experts.
- Systems-level: You’re comfortable using 3D math, pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory to write high-performance code.
- Resource-minded: You familiar with the challenges of working on constrained platforms such as consoles and mobile devices
- Responsible: You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing. You take ownership of your systems from conception to deployment.
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in game design and technology. You’re excited to innovate beyond what is considered industry standard.
- Develop and maintain code that powers all gameplay systems on Roblox
- Create visionary systems to simplify creation of gameplay systems, while still remaining deep and powerful
- Work closely with our game developer community to help achieve their creative vision
- Learn and grow with talented colleagues who are building the future of Roblox and the metaverse
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar