- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Senior Physics Programmer
From the early days, simulated physics has been the foundation of the way users build in Roblox.
The Simulation Solver team develops Roblox’s proprietary physics engine. Our team implements the dynamics of the simulation engine, handling body interactions through collisions and constraints, and optimizing for performance. We use numerical methods to solve common problems in game simulation.
- We’re looking for someone with interest in working in real-time simulation systems. Experience in the games industry is a bonus.
- Experience writing efficient C++ code
- Rigid body dynamics, fluid dynamics, solid mechanics
- Numerical methods
- Multithreading and SIMD
- Understanding of modern computer architecture
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience (or 2+ years with an advanced degree in a relevant field)
- You will develop new physics features, with an impact on Roblox developers and the experiences they build
- You will read research papers, invent and prototype new approaches
- You will improve robustness and performance of existing systems
- You will work with other teams and external developers to help them use our features, and solve the problems they might encounter
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar