- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Sr. Search Engineer for the Search & Discovery team at Roblox focused on the Studio Marketplace, you’ll redefine how developers find artifacts to create amazing Roblox experiences, avatar & games. You will partner with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Search and ML Engineers to better understand users needs and improve their on platform search by employing search recall and ranking techniques including query rewriting, adding signals to documents, signal generation/harvesting. Together we will learn a lot, and we will build a system that allows users to find anything and everything they want on the platform.
- Be a Search & Discovery Champion: you have prowess and experience in many search and discovery technologies empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better by hypothesis, modeling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next-generation search and discovery for Social search including people search, groups search, immersive worlds, and other user-generated content like models.
- Ensure that our systems can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Investigate user search queries and behavior, analyze win and loss patterns, create signals for search experiments, and ranking improvement ideas / models.
- Report into the Search and Discovery organization.
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Designed and implemented search ranking improvement experiments including making the necessary system changes to support it
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or similar search systems
- Analyzed Search and documented data using SQL, Hive on Spark, S3, or ElasticSearch
- Deep experience in query expansion/rewrite techniques such as synonyms, auto complete, spell correction, query optimization, and query to query similarity
- Experience programming in one of these Java, Python and C#/C++
- Experience with big data frameworks such as MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive
You could also have:
- Experience with GraphDB (Neo4j/ArangoDB/OrientDB etc.)
- Understanding of Knowledge Graphs for document understanding and ranking.
- Equal Employment Opportunity statement below.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar