- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Account Identity team is building the next generation of IAM (Identity Access Management) and ABAC (Attribute-Based Access Control) platforms to answer who has access to what, where. We bring an enriched understanding of our users so that their experiences are catered to be appropriate and meaningful.
As a Senior Software Engineer - you will be architecting and implementing highly-scalable services that are critical to the international Roblox community. Your role will have an incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. If you are an experienced and effective engineer who is passionate about building world class features in a data driven environment, you’ll be right at home at the Account Identity team.
- Deeply knowledgeable about server-side architecture/design and compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Driven, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- A technical leader, providing mentorship to those around you by championing strong coding practices
- Adaptive, thinking strategically about how to build flexible solutions in a world where regulations are continually evolving
- Collaborative, working with other teams and disciplines to design elegant solutions that are scalable, compliant, and delightful
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Design, develop and continuously test user experiences that drive acquisition and increase engagement on the platform
- Build features that will be seen by millions of users
- Shape the next generation of patterns and technologies used at Roblox
- Champion unit, integration, and load testing practices
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Participate in building the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar