- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer with the Collaborative Tools Team, you will be responsible for designing and building backend services to help teams game creators work together and collaborate creatively. You will be solving problems of scale, architecture, design, and communication to develop tools which allow larger and better collaboration between large teams of developers and artists in the Roblox community.
- An outstanding software engineer with 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- Experienced architecting, designing and leading implementation of a wide array of software products
- Experienced supporting mission-critical applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, Go, C++, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Experienced with all layers of the stack - you have been an important contributor across the entire technology stack of previous projects
- Help and understand the needs of the community that uses our tools, from beginning artists to professional scripters and designers.
- Take ownership and responsibility for designing, building, testing, and deploying services within the Roblox ecosystem.
- Work on a variety of unique technical challenges within complex systems..
- Be a technical bar-raiser for high code quality, architectural designs, and long-term planning
- Mentor and develop fellow engineers on the team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar