- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Application on China Core Team, you will work closely with teams within the Roblox Engineering Organization including Infrastructure, Platforms, Services and various Products, enabling the best of Roblox platform to a global scale. The China Core Team not only empowers Luobu, a joint venture with Tencent in China, but also advocates and supports Roblox’s other major global initiatives through collaboration and engineering. This role reports to the Engineering Director.
- Build cross platform features
- Collaborate between different teams to get things done
- Improve code quality in a performant and testable way
- Proficiency in C++
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
- Solid experience in multithreaded and asynchronous programming
- Solid understanding on operating systems
- Collaborative and communicative readiness
- Proficiency in test driven development
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar