- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox— and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Software Engineer - you will be architecting and implementing highly-scalable services that are critical to the international Roblox community. Your role will have an incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. If you are an experienced and effective engineer who is passionate about building world class features in a data driven environment, you’ll be right at home on the growth team.
- Deeply knowledgeable about server-side architecture/design and compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Driven, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
- A technical leader, providing mentorship to those around you by championing strong coding practices
- Adaptive, thinking strategically about how to build flexible solutions in a world where regulations are continually evolving
- Collaborative, working with other teams and disciplines to design elegant solutions that are scalable, compliant, and delightful
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Design, develop and continuously test user experiences that drive acquisition and increase engagement on the platform
- Build features that will be seen by millions of users
- Shape the next generation of patterns and technologies used at Roblox
- Champion unit, integration, and load testing practices
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Participate in building the world’s best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Roblox - Powering Imagination