- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Software Engineer on the Personalization team, you will help build features that are used by millions of users daily. We are looking for full stack engineers that can build a feature from conception to release and comfortable working on all parts of our technology stack. Our team is focused on using data and experimentation to determine how best to improve user acquisition, engagement, and retention. If you are an engineer who is passionate about building outstanding features in a data-driven environment, you’ll be right at home on the growth team. This role reports to the Engineering Manager on the Personalization team.
- Passionate in designing and implementing scalable engineering solutions for the product problems
- Experience with any of the compiled languages such as C#, Java or golang
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages
- Familiar with standard software engineering process - design documentation, implementation, code reviews, testing and monitoring
- Excited to collaborate with engineers across the board and help solving different aspects of product problems optimally
- Comfortable collaborating with Infra and platform teams to optimize the product solutions
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
- Interested in using data to guide decisions
You Might Have:
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience in relevant fields
- Working knowledge of REST or gRPC APIs
- Experience working in high-availability, high scale systems
- Exposure to Discovery products like Search and Recommendations preferred
- Exposure to real-time Machine Learning systems a plus
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar