- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Software Engineer, RTC Client, you’ll be in charge of building our upcoming platform to bring multimodal communication experience - voice chat, 3D audio, and large-scale broadcast, to our 160M+ monthly users. If you enjoy working on C++ software while building products for the passionate community of Roblox, you’ll be right at home within our experienced and growing social team. You will report to our Engineering Managers and Directors within our Social team.
- An Expert: C++ programmer with 5+ years of professional experience. You own a BS in Computer Science, Masters and PhD are a definite plus.
- Experienced: well versed with pointers, templates, memory management, networking (TCP, UDP), client-server communication
- Platform know-how: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thoughtful in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and careful in automated testing.
- Curious: you want to grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments. Thought of learning new technology such as WebRTC excites you
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our end-users and game developers
- Team: You know how to work with all participants to develop the best solutions. Create clear design specs, mentor junior engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
Plus If You Have:
- Shipped a high-quality product on a native/mobile application (iOS, Android)
- Familiarity with the challenges of working on constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Experience with Lua
- Experience building games with Roblox Studio
- Can build a new real-time platform from the ground up to support millions of players.
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant
- Instrumental in launching high-quality real-time communication products/features on mobile devices and high-end platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar