- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
From the early days, simulated physics has been the foundation of the way users build in Roblox.
The Simulation Core team develops Roblox’s proprietary physics engine. Our team shapes the architecture of the simulation engine, handling collision detection, how we step the world, optimizing for low-level performance, and dictating how both the game engine and external developers work with physics.
- We’re looking for someone with interest in working in real-time simulation systems. Experience in the games industry is a bonus.
- C++ experience. The basics, common STL, and good taste.
- Fluent in 3D math and linear algebra
- Multithreading and thread safety
- You have a understanding of modern computer architecture ( x86 and ARM), cache coherency. Essentials of writing efficient cross platform code.
- A little bit of creativity
- You always want to learn
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Implement new features in our physics engine, with an impact on developers and the games they build.
- Reimagine existing systems for simplicity, robustness, and performance without causing regressions or sacrificing momentum.
- Help overhaul our narrow-phase collision detection system for performance and an expanded feature set
- Work with other teams and external developers to help them use our engine to its fullest, and design new APIs to promote new kinds of gameplay
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar