- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
The Client Security team focuses on solving complex engineering challenges to protect Roblox Client from malicious users/attackers. As a Software Engineer for Vulnerability Research on the game engine security team, you specifically will be contributing to threat modeling; vulnerability research and management; debugging the issues including the game engine bugs reported to our Bug Bounty program. This role will also have involvement in designing and building secure systems, partnering with other engineering and security teams on driving security solutions and software development. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most skilled security software engineers in the industry within our rapidly growing Game Engine team.
We are looking for smart people who work well with others and who want to apply their passion in security into software to protect the Roblox platform from bad actors, hackers and exploiters. Being a part of the Roblox community is a big plus. Come join us in building and keeping Roblox as a platform that developers and users trust.
- Experienced: you’re a proficient software engineer with a significant development experience in C++
- Threat-sensing: you’re experienced in application threat modeling, vulnerability research, risk identification, and security testing
- Engine/platform oriented: you’re excited about develop security mechanisms from scratch to protect a game engine or a similar platform, and comfortable developing cross-platform code
- A team player: you have a positive attitude, communicate well, motivate and efficiently collaborate with other team members
- Eager to learn: you’re able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Research and identify dangerous vulnerabilities in software and resolve them
- Collaborate with Roblox engineering teams to help mitigate flaws in software
- Review code in order to improve software security
- Debug security issues
- Research, design and apply advanced techniques for building secure systems
- Work side-by-side with security engineers experienced in reverse engineering and low level system security
Nice to Have:
- Good understanding of common game exploitation methods
- Experience in building games with Roblox Studio
- Being a contributing member of Roblox Community is a big plus