- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Studio Engineering Manager, you will lead and grow a team that is in charge of evolving Roblox Studio to a world-class IDE. Roblox Studio facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You and your team will be in charge of the design, end-to-end architecture, and implementation and delivery of the next generation Studio features and components.
- Experienced, 8+ Years of experience with 2+ years of it being in management in developing and deploying complex software with intuitive user experience and a solid backend behind it. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Lead multiple related projects simultaneously; focusing on the higher level technical direction as well as the orchestration across them so that critical and complex features come to light
- Proven track record of project management, technical leadership, and consistent feature delivery
- Proficient with industries, best practices and design patterns for building responsive front end user applications that serve global markets
- Comfortable with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Passionate about leading by example and mentoring others to excel in coding practices
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Lead and grow an engineering team for Roblox Studio product line by cross-collaborating with product managers, designers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution to expand the platform
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Mentor and coach both senior and junior engineers to strive for excellence to deliver their best and advance both business and career goals
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community