- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
About this role
As a Technical Developer Advocate you will become the bridge between Roblox and our creator community and be a driving force for how we connect with our community.
- Help create informative, engaging, and transparent communications for our global community of creators
- Coordinate and drive the sharing of community news and feature announcements
- Learn and understand how creators use our platform and products
- Look for opportunities to improve how we connect with our creators
- Partner with product, engineering, and leaders across the company to ensure that our creators are well-informed and up-to-date with what’s going on at Roblox
- Help draft external communications surrounding platform incidents, attend post-mortems and be a representative for the needs of the community
What you need to be successful:
- Experience with Roblox Studio, Lua, or another game development engine (eg. Unity, Unreal, GameMaker)
- Experience with social media, journalism, or have the know-how to make words engage and inform an audience
- Experience with writing in different brand tones and using a brand’s voice to communicate to consumers or partners
- An excellent communicator, especially with copy and creative writing
- Analytical, with a keen eye for the little details
- Self-motivated with an appetite for innovation
- Comfortable tackling sensitive situations that may require a delicate approach
- Passionate, full of positive energy and a role-model to others
- Tech-savvy, you can understand the high-level of most tech topics
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar