- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Technical Director, Social, you’ll be in charge of the overall technical vision for our core social components (chat, friends, sharing, presence,...) which support 6M+ concurrent players every day. If you are an experienced technical leader with deep knowledge of large scale systems, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing social team. This is a senior individual contributor role.
- Battle ready: You have already built and deployed a system for millions of users and are not afraid of any technical challenges. You can define an architecture from scratch, lead the implementation using existing systems and make sure it can scale from few users to hundreds of millions.
- Experienced: You have 10+ years of experience in large scale software deployments with a proven track record of delivering highly performant technical solutions. You have a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all the components required to build modern large scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You have a magnetic personality that invigorates the team around you and you are used to lead technical teams in any situation.
- Become an expert on our technology stack and make sure we always build new services the right way.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to realize the research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Author specs for new features and improvement.
- Lead other engineers by example and through technical direction.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar