- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
The International Logistics manager Fresh food is responsible for the development and execution of inbound routing plans and dynamic load planning using company assets and third party common carriers.
Position is a support function that works closely with our category managers, own brand department, suppliers, brokers, warehouses and freight carriers. You will have direct responsibility for all routing of inbound products freight, via third party common carrier, third party cross docks and inter company shipments. The success of the position will be measured on service level, expense management, load factor and cost per mile driven. Correct execution of this position will result in all freight and inbound costs being managed to the lowest levels possible while maximising service levels.
- Manage the inbound loads and coordinate with warehouses for accurate arrival times
- Managing all daily dispatching duties
- Functional super-user capable of managing systems set-up, training and proper use
- Carrier Contract negotiations and compliance
- Development of carrier scorecards and formalised, structured carrier business reviews
- Monitor efficiency progress
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – empty miles, fuel cost per mile, cost per mile, payload, accessorial costs, miles, dwell time, equipment utilisation (hours), on time delivery and temperature quality
- Develop and drive process improvements
- Participate in scheduled meetings as needed to stay close of company requirements and opportunities and keep the appropriate company departments updated of trends and changes in the logistics industry
- Resolving issues aligned with any service failures that arise
- Tracks and communicates revenue and performance results
- Represent company during customer meetings and schedule calls
- Knowledge of Freight Processes
- Previous Experience in Food industry
- Requires proven networking, negotiating, communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Direct experience with routing and load planning. Knowledge of routing software and transportation management systems
- Fleet experience (desired, but not necessary), motor carrier and environmental laws and regulations, Freight Claims and loss management, expense management
- Experience with Forward Distribution
- Knowledge of transportation regulations
- Team player
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; English B2/C1 is a must
- Rohlik is the leading Central European e-grocer.
- Already active in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria and Germany. And other countries are coming soon.