- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$2.1Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform. With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.
As part of the Internal Analytics team, you’ll use your skills to help us understand what’s working for our customers, what’s not, and what we need to do next to improve our products and grow our business.
Working as a Senior Data Analyst you will provide reliable and accurate data-based insights to understand business performance and drive improvements.
What you’ll do
- Analyse transactional and master data to provide insights and performance updates to the senior leadership team and other stakeholders to drive business decisions
- Apply automation techniques to continuously identify and respond to data patterns and triggers
- Analyse various datasets to identify behavior patterns and predict common events
- Make business recommendations in terms of cost-benefit, forecasting, and impact analysis by effective presentations of data-driven findings and insights to stakeholders
- Document and communicate all relevant work and work outcomes
- Create dashboards to understand business performance and proactively come up with ideas to grow the business
- Use your knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis to tell the story behind the data to non-technical team members
- Design and conduct A/B testing to inform product decisions
- Promote a data-driven culture across the business
What you’ll need
- Experience in experiment design and A/B testing
- Ability to analyse large datasets using proven data analysis techniques
- Experience using modern BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Power-BI)
- Experience with large datasets and data analysis tools such as SQL
- Experience in data visualisation of complex relationships (e.g. in Tableau)
- Experience with advanced analytics techniques such as predictive modelling and forecasting
- Strong communication and senior stakeholder management skills with the ability to regularly influence and guide decisions
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment in which you rapidly adapt and learn for any given business problem
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen, and experience in proactively and creatively utilising analytics to drive decision making
- Tertiary education in data analytics, data science, IT, business, or science
Nice to haves
- Strong understanding of databases (Redshift, PostgreSQL) and a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Intellectual curiosity and an understanding of what drives customer outcomes and has a positive impact on the business
- Masters or Ph.D. in the related field.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors, and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture that has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US, and the UK.