- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$2.1Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform. With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.
As a Data Engineer you should embrace the challenge of dealing with big data on a daily basis (Kafka, RDS, Redshift, S3, Athena), perform best practices of ETL/ELT, and build tools for proper data ingestion from multiple data sources. You’ll collaborate closely with data engineers, data analysts and Software Engineers across different teams, find bottlenecks and solve the problem. Design, implement and maintain the heterogeneous data processing platform to automate the execution and management of data-related jobs and pipelines.
Implement automated data workflow in collaboration with data analysts, continue to improve, maintain and improve systems in line with growth, terabytes of data Daily.
- Implement different procedures to ensure data quality and data confidence. Collaborate with Software Engineers on application events, and ensure right data can be extracted.
- Contribute to resource management for computation and capacity planning. Diving deep into code and constantly innovating
- Perform best practices of ETL/ELT, and build tools for proper data ingestion from multiple data sources.
What you’ll need
- Experience with AWS data technologies (EC2, EMR, S3, Redshift, EKS, Glue) and infrastructure.
- Working knowledge in big data frameworks such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Apache Airflow.Rich experience with Linux and database systems (Postgres)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database, query optimisation, and data modelling
- Experience in one or more of the following: Scala/Java, SQL, Python, ShellExperience with container technologies (Docker, k8s), Agile development, DevOps (Terraform) and CI tools.Excellent problem solving skillsExcellent verbal and written communication skillsAbility of developing end to end data solutions, with quality and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to bridge between business and data analytics
- Intellectual curiosity and an understanding of what drives customer outcomes and has a positive impact on the business
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia , the US and the UK .