- Townsville, AU
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$1.3Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform. With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.
The tech stack
As a Front End Engineer, You’ll be empowered to deliver practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale and be an integral part of the engineering team. High-performing teams here own their services, and you’re trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, machine learning, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
Over time you will be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. You’ll actively participate in initiatives aimed at improving the way we do things, and start to focus on how to improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability. You’ll actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Townsville we have teams building and releasing new features as part of our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including video communication, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
This position is based in our Townsville office. Townsville is a coastal city in North Queensland, Australia. Offering upwards of 270 days of sunshine a year, Townsville's climate is warm in summer and mild in winter with glorious blue skies. If you are seeking affordable housing, minimal traffic, a family friendly or outdoors lifestyle, Townsville is the perfect place to call home. The city is a great place for sports, from water sports to cycling, rock climbing, hiking and team sports of all kinds. Magnetic Island is also a short ferry ride from the city, offering beautiful beaches and a relaxed vibe for the perfect weekend getaway.
The Townsville office in the CBD is a fully renovated warehouse with soaring ceilings up to seven metres high. We have spacious desk arrangements, high speed fibre internet, a new kitchen filled with food and even a half basketball court for an afternoon shoot around.
If you are seeking the professional challenge and personal learning opportunity that a growing SaaS business can offer but want to enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle or be home every afternoon to see your children, SafetyCulture’s Townsville office is the perfect location.
For applicants in Australia
To make the move to Townsville as smooth as possible, SafetyCulture offers relocation assistance for you and your immediate family.
- Extensive experience in a front end focused programming language and associated libraries/frameworks (React preferred)
- Ability to own delivery of features or requirements
- An eye for detail and ability to work closely with product designers on accurate design implementations
- Willingness to shape the product designer and product manager’s understanding of acceptable UI patterns
- Experience identifying performance bottlenecks and ability to improve existing code, loading times and modularity
- A bias for componentisation and understanding of what other teams in the company will benefit from
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Willingness and ability to understand and make changes to server side endpoints
- Experience with front end edge infrastructure (e.g. AWS cloudfront, lambda)
- Understanding of caching, server-side rendering, CDNs
- Experience with front end build pipelines and tooling, particularly around mono-repos and automation testing
- Working with service-oriented/microservice architectures
- Experience with key/value store and relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Delicious lunch provided every day, plus unlimited snacks
- Two pong table, a basketball court and a pet friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in sunny Townsville
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.