- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work and positively impact the world.
We’re looking for talented people to help us build a world class engineering team. A recent funding round gives us a AU$1.3Bn valuation, and the funds will be used to evolve the product into a communication and collaboration platform. We’re innovating and expanding into sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale, and have an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day.
As a Quality Engineer, you will facilitate communication across all of SafetyCulture with the intent of improving clarity and insight into the software development life cycle. Working as part of our Customer Facing Engineering Tribe you will be working in a cross-functional team with Engineers, a Product Manager and a Product Designer.
How you can have an impact
As a Quality Engineer, you’ll have influence over the direction of the team and function. You’ll actively participate in initiatives aimed at improving the way we do things, experimenting with ways to become more efficient and productive, and bringing these learnings to the engineering leadership team. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Influence our Software Engineers to become more efficient and productive
- Be an advocator for testability and observability of the system
- Contribute to evolving testing practices
- Guide the development of a Quality Mindset within your team with the intent to impact positively on team health and quality culture
- Drive quality strategy discussions, identify gaps, and highlight potential risks in the product roadmap
- Extend automation frameworks and perform exploratory testing (on software, mobile apps and hardware)
- Actively participate in the QE guild
- Improve awareness and comprehension of different layers of testing ( i.e. Performance, API, UI, Unit testing)
What you’ll need
- A growth mindset and focus on continuous improvement
- Experience driving engineering excellence and best practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
Nice to have
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Agile delivery experience
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience forecasting requirements for the team and capacity planning
- A technical background relevant to one of our teams: IoT, API, Analytics, Task Engine, or Core Experience
- Experience with Cloud Deployment
What we offer
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- A range of flexible work arrangements to balance work and life
- Generous parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are more than 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have 300 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.