- Kansas City, KS
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Business Applications
SafetyCulture is an Australian-based, international tech scale-up. We create SaaS solutions that empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
IAuditor was launched in 2012 to solve a global problem. Reduce workplace injuries and help frontline workers get home safely to their families. Fast forward 7 years, and we have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month. We’re excited to have a largely untapped global market and ambitious goals to reach 100 million workers. We’re looking for talented and mission-driven people to drive that growth.
SafetyCulture is looking for an Accounts Receivable Analyst to be the first full-time finance team member to join our Kansas City office, as we expand our Sydney head office finance operations. You will be working on the day-to-day aspects of SafetyCulture’s accounting operations, assisting with American and European customer queries, debtor collections, account reconciliations and dispute resolution. In addition, you will be expected to assist sales teams with guidance on process, management of their customers subscriptions and adjustments to accounts. You will be working closely with the Australian finance operations team who will assist and guide you with your daily tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Co-ordinating the accounts receivable inbox, resolving or escalating the wide variety of requests received from our customers.
- Adjusting invoices, credit notes and updating customer details where required.
- Processing transactions to align our accounting and billing system.
- Following up overdue balances, including liaising with global region’s account receivables analysts (located in Sydney and Manila).
- Completing account reconciliations and resolving customer disputes.
- Where necessary, gather information on and assist in the design and implementation of process improvement.
Who you are
- You’ll have experience with accounts receivable and customer facing communication
- You’ll have strong attention to detail with an ability to multitask and effectively prioritise daily duties
- You have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude with a focus on process improvement
- You are a strong communicator with stakeholder management skills
- You’ll be confident in working individually and able to maintain compliance with business guidelines and processes
Nice to have
- 2 - 3 years work experience in a commercial business
- Experience in a SaaS or high-growth technology business
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite or Chargify
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, commerce or finance or progress towards would be highly regarded
What we offer
- An environment awarded Best Places to Work in Kansas 2020
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary and bonus structure
- We are located in the heart of the Crossroads near some of the best bars, cafes, and BBQ joints in Kansas City.
- Downtown parking is free, secure, and 24/7.
- Have lunch on us! We provide two catered lunches per week plus groceries for breakfast, lunch and snacks to keep you energized for the day.
- At SafetyCulture the bar is stocked for Friday drinks and celebrations. And we have a lot to celebrate!
- We know how to throw a party. From karaoke to offsite incentives, there are plenty of opportunities to socialise.
- Get fit with the team during our workout classes every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, plus a discounted gym membership to Planet Fitness.
- Opportunity to participate in internal groups like our womens and diversity groups.
- We are a dog-friendly office. Biscuit, Sienna, Mack, Paddy, Chicken Nugget, and Champ are all valued colleagues. We also provide optional pet insurance!
- Fancy a run? Are you a crafting wizard? Keen to shoot hoops after work? There are many groups for you to join to connect with people interested in the same activities you are.
- Our office is open and trendy, creating an environment of creativity and collaboration. It features a mammoth TV great for watching the Chiefs win the Super Bowl and a table tennis table for daily competitions.
- You will be repping SafetyCulture from head to toe with all of the swag you’re given when you join.
- Travel the world for ShipIt, our yearly hackathon that brings all of our global teams together. Last year it was in Wellington, New Zealand
Where are we
We’ve just moved to a brand new office in Kansas City! KCMO boasts vibrant arts, delicious dining and Midwest hospitality at its finest. Our office is located in a bustling area filled with galleries, bars and plenty of places to explore. Kansas City is a place for tech-minded people and has a number of startups and tech companies in the area. Fun fact: It's also the third largest beef capital in the United States!
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are more than 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
At SafetyCulture, we respect and appreciate what makes each of our team members different in terms of gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexual orientation. We unite to support one another as allies and we take deliberate steps to ensure that our people feel like they belong and can thrive at work each day.
- You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or dhs.gov/e-verify