- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Machine Learning, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Our mission – and your opportunity — is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce. In short, to shape Engineering excellence, nurture emerging Engineering talent and build out an inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary team.
Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in our Foundational Engineering team, you’ll work across a team of co-located Software Engineers to build the infrastructure architecture required to run the SafetyCulture platform.
Your goal will be the deployment, management and configuration of our infrastructure on AWS. Developing fast and efficient automated workflows are essential. The key to this role is an ‘infrastructure as code’ approach to managing our distributed and rapidly evolving architecture that requires as little manual intervention as possible.
What you’ll be doing
- Building a scalable, fault-tolerant and cost-effective architecture
- Working with, but not limited to, Kubernetes, Prometheus, CI/CD practices as well as build technologies, such as Buildkite
- Automating everything (we use Terraform, Python, Bash to name a few)
- Assisting teams across the entirety of our engineering stack. Implementing best practices in security and risk mitigation
- Working very closely with software engineers to provide guidance about architectural patterns and goals
- If you're keen, writing some Node.js, Python or Golang application code to truly break down all walls between dev and ops
What you’ll need
- Experience with deployment and management of servers, services and networking (on AWS or similar environments)
- An ‘infrastructure as code’ approach to managing infrastructure
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Strong configuration management, CI and CD experience
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Experience operating microservice applications
Nice to have
- Experience applying software delivery practices to infrastructure and operations (Site Reliability Engineering) would be an advantage
- Desire to cut some Node.js, Python or Golang application code to truly break down all walls between dev and ops
- Experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL and Redis
What we offer
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- A range of flexible work arrangements to balance work and life
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
- You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.