- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
As we continue to rapidly scale an opportunity has arisen for a Group Product Manager to lead our Core Product stream.
Working closely and collaboratively with an Agile, cross-functional software development team including engineering, design, data analytics and marketing you will be own the Core product strategy with a passionate to create incredible product experiences that delight and activate our customers.
You will thrive working in a fast paced and collaborative environment and have the opportunity to work on complex problems that impact millions of users worldwide, and operate at a scale few other Australian tech companies have reached. You will be act as a coach and mentor for your team, teaching best practices around all things Product Management and develop processes that continuously raise the quality of the outcomes we deliver.
What will I be doing?
- Lead one or more feature teams (squads) that are focused on solving customer problems at International scale
- Act as a coach and mentor for your team. Teaching best practices around all things Product Management
- Assess and develop processes that continuously raise the quality of the outcomes we deliver
- Be the voice and advocate of the customer, always
- Develop & lead product strategy for new initiatives and opportunities
- Lead & manage the breakdown of projects into milestones, epics and user stories
- Build technical knowledge of the product
- Manage priorities between customer needs, team velocity, user experience and internal stakeholder requirements
- Ensure the backlog is ordered by priority and developers do not have any blockers
- Maintain strong communications between stakeholders and the development team
- Manage team ceremonies like stand ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, etc.
What can I Bring?
- You are the master of creating and executing plans for implementing product features
- You have an ability to manage many moving parts in a project and have lead a team before
- Cross-functional teams of software engineers and product designers is where you feel most at home
- You are the true champion of the customer
- Nothing beats that feeling of shipping great software for you.
- You are a natural at managing stakeholder expectations and project status reporting
- You continuously seek out and utilise customer feedback to adjust future milestones and priorities
- You identify bottlenecks through projects as required
- You have worked for a mobile-first technology company through numerous lifecyclesMobile apps, experiences and SaaS products are your niche
- You understand that Agile ceremonies don’t just magically make teams Agile and you know how to not only bring an Agile team together but keep them engaged and focused
- We’re operating at a scale few other companies are, and you’ll be doing challenging work that impacts millions every day and helps to move the world forward.
- Opportunity to work with Australia’s Voted 4th Best Place to Work and Global Tech Unicorn
- Paid Parental Leave Program and supportive and inclusive company culture
- Continuous Career Development programs.
- Equity with high growth potential, and a Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch, plus a breakfast bar and unlimited snacks
- Pet-friendly office with onsite cafe and bar
- Regular social events and celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Solid onboarding program, regular training and additional development programs
- We operate within a largely untapped market with endless possibilities and we are a part of a new, exciting wave of SaaS companies that focus on frontline workers
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.