- Vancouver, WA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Business Applications
SafetyCulture is an Australian-based, international tech scale-up. We create SaaS solutions that empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
IAuditor was launched in 2012 to solve a global problem. Reduce workplace injuries and help frontline workers get home safely to their families. Fast forward 7 years, and we have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month. We’re excited to have a largely untapped global market and ambitious goals to reach 100 million workers. We’re looking for talented and mission-driven people to drive that growth.
Who you are
- As an Enterprise Account Executive at SafetyCulture you will be a champion for our strategic customers.
- You will partner with our Top Tier customers, enabling them to raise their standards and achieve high quality and safer work environments.
- As an Enterprise Account Executive, your role is pivotal to developing customer relationships and you are motivated by solving customer problems.
- You are driven by sales, helping to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the full sales process to close in order to achieve quarterly target
- Attend roadshows and customer summits, educating prospective customers on iAuditor
- Perform in person and online demos, sharing the value of iAuditor to prospective customers, tailored to their needs
- Working closely with a small team comprising of Customer Success and Business Development to ensure customers have a smooth onboarding, supporting the development of long-term, successful customer relationships
- Be the voice of the customer to our cross-functional partners, including our world class product team
- Maintain data integrity through Salesforce and report on all sales activities
Nice to have
- Tenured professional B2B enterprise selling experience with a proven track record in managing a sales pipeline and achieving targets
- Experience of leading a commercial team to achieve targets
- Customer focus with the ability to build trust and gain rapport
- Ability to listen, find customer pain and to identify opportunities
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-moving organisation
- Ability to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
What we offer
- Best Places to Work 2020 Award winning environment.
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary and bonus structure.
- We are located in the heart of the Northern Quarter near some of the best cafe’s, restaurants, and pubs in Manchester.
- At SafetyCulture the bar is stocked for Friday drinks and celebrations. And we have a lot to celebrate!When the sun is out you can find the SafetyCulture team in the courtyard cooking something delicious on the barbeque.
- We know how to throw a party. From karaoke to offsite incentives, there are plenty of opportunities to socialise.
- We are a dog-friendly office. Pippet, Buddy, Millie, Ralph, Oreo and Poppy are all valued colleagues.
- Fancy a run? Are you a crafting wizard? Keen to shoot hoops after work? There are many groups for you to join to connect with people interested in the same activities you are.
- On Tuesday’s and Thursday’s join your fellow fitness enthusiasts for private gym classes at two local gyms.
- Mental health is a priority for our teams at SafetyCulture. We have meditation classes for staff as part of our strong emphasis on promoting wellness.
- Our office is open and trendy, creating an environment of creativity and collaboration. It features a wall entirely made of plants, a table tennis table, and a ball pit and we have showers if you prefer to get your workout in on the way to work.
- You will be repping SafetyCulture from head to toe with all of the swag you’re given when you join. Don’t worry, this includes a beanie and a scarf!
- See new countries on our iAuditor roadshows and travel the world for ShipIt, our yearly hackathon that brings all of our global teams together. Last year it was in Wellington, New Zealand!
Where are we?
There is always something to explore in Manchester! Between the booming restaurant scene, interesting museums and galleries, and theatre and arts, Manchester is thriving. Not to mention, they can pour a good pint. Our office is located in the heart of the Northern Quarter, in an awesome warehouse space, surrounded by tech and creative businesses, and just a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Station.
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are more than 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.