- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$1.3Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform. With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (front end); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
As an iOS Software Engineer, you’ll ensure we’re providing the best mobile experience for our customers. You’ll provide strong technical knowledge and insight into iOS development, while sharing your expertise to coach and mentor others. You’ll own delivery of practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering team. You’ll be part of a high-performing team that takes ownership of what they build, and are trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, machine learning, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
Be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. Improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Mentor colleagues, actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback. We encourage involvement in the iOS community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new mobile technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Strong iOS development background and experience with Swift
- Passion for native mobile development and the iOS ecosystem
- Solid experience building complex custom UI and knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading
- Demonstrated focus on quality and ability to use automated testing methodologies
- Understanding of REST, HTTP and efficient networking on iOS
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, prioritisation and communication skills to help shape our technical direction and deliver a fast, secure and insanely usable app
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- C++ experience (we use a C++ shared library for our mobile clients)
- Experience with Adaptive Layout and reactive functional programming concepts
- Understanding all aspects of the customer experience in a mobile application, including UX, performance, networking, usage data, and crash reporting
- Building SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street