- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$1.3Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform. With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.
The tech stack
As a Senior or Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be empowered to manage complex architectural decisions and drive change. You’ll own delivery of practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering team. High-performing teams here own their services, and you’re trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, machine learning, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
Be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. Improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release-safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Mentor colleagues, actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback, and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback. We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Depth of knowledge in a front end or back end coding language and associated libraries/frameworks
- Ability to own delivery of complex features, break down requirements and provide reasonable estimates
- Ability to articulate effort vs impact tradeoffs
- Able to improve others’ ability to deliver great work
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience with front end edge infrastructure (e.g. AWS cloudfront, lambda)
- Understanding of caching, server-side rendering, CDNs
- Experience with front end build pipelines and tooling, particularly around mono-repos and automation testing
- Working with service-oriented/microservice architectures
- Experience with key/value store and relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
To all recruitment agencies: we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.