- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Design & UI
What is Sanlo?
Gaming & apps represent a unique, beautiful and creative industry that so skillfully combines data with design. Yet, finance is still too often mysterious and overlooked. The app economy is growing and has its unique characteristics and challenges that deserve its own suite of financial services.
We are building a platform of financial services to demystify finance and to set the companies up for success and smart growth. We are on a mission to support and empower gaming and app companies to create successful products that their customers love, while running profitable businesses.
What you’ll be doing:
As our first design hire, this is an exciting opportunity for you to put your unique creative stamp on all aspects of company design and build the foundation of what design is at Sanlo. We are looking for a strong design thinker with a stellar execution track record. Your work is critical in our journey of achieving our goals and advancing our mission. There are unique challenges that gaming companies and larger app ecosystem experience that must be faced head-on with simple solutions designed elegantly.
- The Design: You’ll own all aspects of company design. You’ll define and design our core product - from research to strategy to interactions to pixels. Sometimes you’ll work on loosely defined concepts that need tons of exploration, and sometimes create more concrete tactical work. You’ll stay close to our customers and have deep understanding of their workflows and pain points and how it translates into the product experience. You will own our design from the brand voice to web product, and everything in between.
- Build the Company: As our first design hire, you are not only someone who designs. You help us build the company and nurture both the product and the team as we grow. Sharing your work, communicating your process, and building our design recruiting brand will be part of your responsibilities so that we can attract more talented coworkers to our company as we scale.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Complex Design Experience: Strong portfolio of design work on complex problems with demonstrated ability to create an elegant user-friendly product. Unparalleled attention to detail
- Moves Fast: Demonstrated ability to ship high-quality product rapidly, incorporate customer feedback and be comfortable continuously iterating. We need to strike a balance between moving fast and building sustainably.
- Customer Advocate: Deep empathy for our customers. Cares deeply about balancing the needs of the business and problems for our customers
- The Bonus: Product design experience at a tech, product-driven company - ideally, in fintech or analytics with exposure to consumer products
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, please email email@example.com with your CV / LinkedIn, a link to your portfolio of work, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on how our mission and values resonate with you would be a nice bonus.