- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
This is a remote position. The applicant can be anywhere in the country of the posting and must be eligible to work from there.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst/Engineer, you will build our business analytics vertical and drive insights that lead to step-function operational improvements. In this role, you will partner with leadership and teams from across the business—from sales to finance—to help unpack ambiguous problems and build lasting, scalable analytics solutions. Your work will vary from one-off investigations to building core dashboards and tables, and it will directly evolve how Scale operates and measures itself. We are looking for candidates who are incessantly curious and who love creating insights out of ambiguity.
- Collaborate with leadership, finance, marketing, and sales teams to identify, define, and track key metrics to be used in monitoring, planning, and one-off decision-making
- Work closely with other teams to investigate problems, uncover root causes, and drive quantitative solutions
- Measure and effectively communicate results to the entire organization
- Help operators across the business better understand our customers, taskers, and pipeline efficiency
- Develop repeatable, scalable analytical solutions, such as dashboards, models, or better underlying tables
Ideally you’d have:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of data and analytics to business problems
- Mastery of SQL and relational databases; experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python/R),
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau), and Excel preferred
- Experience designing and building dashboards (Tableau) - understanding which metrics are most meaningful to the business and the cadence required to measure them
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills, and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.