- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
About the role
Scale is a vital part of bringing AI enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots, and AR/VR. Our customer base is growing exponentially, and you will be on the front lines of ensuring that the world’s most innovative companies become passionate, lifelong Scale customers. Our Legal and Compliance team works on exciting legal and operational issues at the leading edge of machine learning and artificial intelligence technology. You will join a creative and solutions-oriented team collaborating internally with teams at Scale and externally with our customers. We are looking for relentlessly curious, deliberately open-minded, and action-oriented generalists who can design effective operational processes and internal policies while employing an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving novel and challenging problems, and building strong teams and relationships while doing it, we’d love to hear from you!
- Improve and administer our contracts management system (Ironclad) and contracts signature system
- Define and gather requirements, manage RFPs and implement new legal systems (sanctions screening, open source management, litigation hold)
- Design and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations in support of our federal and commercial business including export control/OFAC, FAR/DFARs, FCPA, CCPA, HIPAA, and GDPR.Assist with privacy impact assessments, data subject rights processing, and vendor management
- Negotiate NDAs and services agreements
- Assist with maintenance and compliance for our global subsidiaries
- Strengthen the culture of compliance through thoughtful communication and high-impact training programs
- Be the first legal operations hire and work collaboratively with a high-output 4-attorney team
Ideally you’d have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years as a legal operations professional, paralegal, or legal project manager, preferably in an in-house legal department
- Experience leading cross-functional projects from conception to launch
- A track record of taking initiative and being resourceful to accomplish ambitious goals
- Effective organizational skills and and ability to juggle many competing priorities
- Fluency with spreadsheets, basic statistics, and an ability to use data to drive decisions
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude to tackle projects large and small and a collaborative, low-ego approach to collaborating across the organization
- Understanding of contract basics and a desire and willingness to learn
- Interest in AI, law, privacy, and cybersecurity
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.