- Washington, DC
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Data Science
The goal of a Machine Learning Engineer at Scale is to bring techniques in the fields of computer vision, deep learning and deep reinforcement learning, or natural language processing into a production environment to improve Scale's products and customer experience. Our research engineers take advantage of our unique access to massive datasets to deliver improvements to our customers.
We are building a large hybrid human-machine system in service of ML pipelines for Federal Government customers. We currently complete millions of tasks a month, and will grow to complete billions of tasks monthly.
As a Research Engineer, you will:
- Take state of the art models developed internally and from the community, use them in production to solve problems for our customers and taskers.
- Take models currently in production, identify areas for improvement, improve them using retraining and hyperparameter searches, then deploy without regressing on core model characteristics
- Work with product and research teams to identify opportunities for improvement in our current product line and for enabling upcoming product lines
- Work with massive datasets to develop both generic models as well as fine tune models for specific products
- Build the scalable ML platform to automate our ML services
- Be a representative for how to apply machine learning and related techniques throughout the engineering and product organization
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Degree in computer science, or related field
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Extensive experience using computer vision, deep learning and deep reinforcement Learning, or natural language processing in a production environment
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
Nice to Haves:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence specialization
- Experience working with cloud technology stack (eg. AWS or GCP) and developing machine learning models in a cloud environment
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.